Saturday, August 9, 2008

Web Speed Test & The Best Image Format


>


I must thank Rimau for this as I haven't tested my blog speed for such a long time sebab aku loading tak lembap.. hehehe. Before I cut and threw away few pictures and html code, the web size was 375kb. Now, it's 123kb! It may be varies from time to time if there's a new entry, new photos or new html.

What things I threw away? The list:
1. Competurr. Around the globe thing.
2. Webstats.
3. JPEGs at Saiful Bukhari's entry.
4. JPEG at Pak Bakaq's entry.

I found out the JPEG format files 'eat' most of my web size. Thus, I tried and made a comparison between BMP, JPEG and PNG (pronounce as ping) image. I just used the above image:

1. BMP - original size (0.99Mb), compressed to doc (29.1kb), compressed to web (4.92kb).

2. JPEG - original size (59.7kb), compressed to web (26.8kb).

3. PNG - original size (18kb). Since it's the smallest, I didn't compress it anymore.

To explain why the sizes are varies, you can visit here for further details.

And to speed test your blog/web, you can go websiteoptimization.com or Firebug. Credit to Kak Jie for the speed test links tapi saya bukan nak lawan sifu.. hihi!.

Why it's necessary to speed test your blog/web? It's to ensure the size and loading time of your web. The more faster the better.

3 comments:

Jie on August 9, 2008 at 7:46 PM said...

hah..baru hari ni mendarat pantas mcm Soyuz.

Sebenarnya kakjie lupa nk suruh test speed...

asr on August 10, 2008 at 10:38 PM said...

Good info... blog aku tak lama lagi kena tukar kot, dah almost limit daaa... Alhamdulillah, suka tengok anak dara ko kat bawah tu makin sihat...

:)

Sue.Aleen on August 12, 2008 at 10:15 AM said...

>>> kak jie:
soyuz tu jadi ke kerajaan beli eikk? saya ni tak buat speed test bukannya apa, perasan bukak blog laju je...





>>> asr:
ko nak tukar ke mana plak?

alhamdulillah anak dara aku tu makin ok. sihat tu memang sihat. tq!

 

Tangan Yang Menghayun Buaian Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez