Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Beauty of Human Mind, Subhanallah!


I'm now probably at kampung. I really miss my husband's parents and also the newcomer to the family - Adi Luqman. He's my children's cousin from hubby's side. It's kinda weird when someone calls Mak Ngah/Pak Ngah.... I hope I can adjust myself and be comfortable with the new appellation - Toh Puan Ngah Sri... hahahaha.

People said- Laughter is The Best Medicine. Prepare to fall off your chair. Look at below pictures. I got them from Raden Galoh (in case you can't see, I've retyped some):

Because he slept with his boss' wife.


She's a woman




James Bond




no. there's elephant in the way

Hahahahaha... laugh till I cry. A good Sunday breakfast (or lunch or whatever it is), isn't it? Ok ok... I've children too.. but, duh, I can't help myself. I've also helped my sis who is a teacher to mark the students' books but haven't find any of these in them!

Sometimes those pictures remind me of my schooldays. How cheeky & cunning some students will be when the exam paper lands on their tables. And no wonder, some of the teachers will label some students with bad titles such as monkey and so on.

For me, they are not stupid, they're just being themselves and be creative. Showing the beauty of human mind. The answer is not correct but somehow it shows that they're using both brains while others are following strictly to the books. This group of students should be tackled from another angle.


The beauty and complexity of human mind

From The Human Brain (owh gee, I just can't help!):

"The Astonishing Hypothesis" is that all our beliefs, desires, feelings, and thinking are a product of the brain. The brain is the engine of reason and the seat of what has traditionally been referred to as the soul. This seems obvious but there is still a very persistent fallacy, namely, the “brain-as-PDA fallacy.” This fallacy is that your brain is like your personal digital assistant that stores your memories, does calculations, etc. This misses the point that you ARE your brain, so if you had a brain transplant you WOULD BE a different person.

Read more...


Right Brain vs Left Brain:


Definition
This theory of the structure and functions of the mind suggests that the two different sides of the brain control two different "modes" of thinking. It also suggests that each of us prefers one mode over the other.

Discussion
Experimentation has shown that the two different sides, or hemispheres, of the brain are responsible for different manners of thinking. The following table illustrates the differences between left-brain and right-brain thinking:

Left Brain
Logical
Sequential
Rational
Analytical
Objective
Looks at parts

Right Brain
Random
Intuitive
Holistic
Synthesizing
Subjective
Looks at wholes

Most individuals have a distinct preference for one of these styles of thinking. Some, however, are more whole-brained and equally adept at both modes. In general, schools tend to favor left-brain modes of thinking, while downplaying the right-brain ones. Left-brain scholastic subjects focus on logical thinking, analysis, and accuracy. Right-brained subjects, on the other hand, focus on aesthetics, feeling, and creativity.

Read more...


A best friend who is a teacher told me that she once became a 'monster' in her English class when there's a cheeky boy threaten to smash a chair on her & showed her the "F" sign with his middle finger. Then, she did the same, smashed the nearest chair and said, "Who do you think am I? You think I don't know what does it mean and how to do it?". And you know what happened next. The boy terkedu. This happened when she first became a teacher in a school in KL. Don't get me wrong, she is a good teacher anyway!

It's not easy to understand and learn about people. That's why ta'aruf (get to know someone) is a lifetime process! So, don't blame on the teachers (appreciate their sacrifices) or the students... it's simply just because everybody is unigue!

2 comments:

Zareda Norman on July 7, 2008 at 6:29 PM said...

terkejut jugak tengok lay out dan cat baru.. aniway, sedap mata memandang

Sue.Aleen on July 8, 2008 at 2:33 AM said...

>>> kak zar:
thanks, kak zar. nampak beno lama tak menziarah.. ahaks!

 

Tangan Yang Menghayun Buaian Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez