This is not a story about Paris Hilton or Nicole Richie. This is a story about us!
I'm not working but my husband does!
A simple math for petrol consumption per month (JJCM @ JJCTT @ balik kampung excluded!):
Previous price - RM600 / RM1.92 = 312.5 liter/month.
New price - RM2.70 x 312.5 liter = RM843.75/month.
That is just for petrol. Housing loans (2 houses)? Hire & purchase? Personal?
I've to go back to work! Arghh... I need to sacrifice the best thing in my life. Taking care of my children by myself! Though previously my wages was much higher than my husband, it's just fun to see they're growing up in front of my very eyes.
If I just can let go one of our houses. To our disadvantage in the long run, they are rented by others. If we sell them, they'll be no more extra income. Furthermore, we just bought them in 2002. The loan is yet to be matured.
My husband needs to find a kapchai then... loan again! And where on earth we should korek the deposit? Korek korek korek!!
Like a blogger said, "how to change? I don't take holidays. I don't drink. I don't party. I don't buy expensive clothes. I live a very moderate and thrifty lifestyle already."
I've been living a simple life since my single day. No katil, no aircond, no bibik, no new clothes, no nursery, no house make over, no Astro, no kerusi empuk (sit on the floor, please!), no cosmetics (even a compact powder/a lipstick!). Believe me.. our Syabas usage is always under 20m cubic (around RM7/20m3)! Electricity? Under RM10. I want to change my semi-auto washing machine to fully auto, but I've been postponed it *nampak gayanya I've to hand wash my clothes frequently*. There's once, the main inlet to the water tank was actually blocked. We just let it be about 5 months! We just used the pipe at the kitchen sink which the water comes directly from the main pipe. My fridge & 19" TV have exceeded 6 years of life!
Others - heavy meal just once per day. Rice + fried egg/chicken/fish/anchovies/tinned mackarel. Cicah kicap bercili api dan bawang. Mom has planted some useful plants in our yard, be it - lemongrass (6), long bean, winged bean, pandan, aloe vera, water spinach, tapioca, cili, jambu, mango. I'm thinking of getting more pots for hydrophonic at the backyard where there's no soil there. Maybe I can buy an aquarium to breed catfish, whirlwind, snake head and even toman!! Come the night, we always eat biscuits. Sometimes tapau if we want to eat something different! As for my husband, he always skips his lunch!

Occasionally. You can find these at Warung Makteh Mee Banjir Udang at Kuala Sepetang

Jarang buat - Macaroni & Cheese. Recipe : here! Delicious!
Things I can't let go - diapers & formula for my kids - which I admit, expensive especially S-26 for Syafiah! I won't deny their needs for nutritious meals and also education materials i.e. books, etc. Adam may quit his diaper by end of this year. I found out it is easy to train the kid to toilet at that age. The best example is Mastura. I'll put Mastura in kindergarten only next year! Meanwhile, I teach them at home & monitor their interests!
I'm quite pissed off if someone says, "Kita kena ubah cara hidup kita""Lepas ni kena banyak ubah". I'm not a housewife with the lust to compete our household with our neighbours. Shopaholic? Nay.. way to far!



9 comments:
inilah raliti kehidupan...
lepas nitak bolehlah makan besar selalu nasib...nasib...
akak keje then soh laki akak dok umah tengok budak2.. kan gaji akak higher, so there shouldn't be any problemm.. kannns
>>> maklang:
wonder kehidupan orang yang anak ramai i.e. 6 orang macam kakak saya. tu nasib la dia tinggal di kampung. kalau kat kl ni, sesakkk! nak makan sket pun takleh kalau anak seramai itu.
>>> me:
hang perli aku no, me. rela dalam terpaksa kena keje balik! la ni pun bukan mudah nak dapat keje. tapi insyaAllah rezeki tetap ada kannnnnss!
lets go frugal yeahhhh!
ish kesian laaaaa ..paklah and gang ape nak kesah deorg hidup senang ..minyak private jet dia kita yg bayar!!!!!!!
semoga sue dapat pekerjaan tu, Insyaallah. Dalam hidup mesti kena berkorban . Dalam hal rumahtangga dan gawat minyak naik ni memang macam-macam hal berlaku, semua barang naik tapi gaji tak jauh beza , tu yang akan buat rakyat menderita.
>>> kak kc:
nak bela ayam takleh. nanti challenge bau ayam lay hong plakss!
>>> jingga studies:
hambaAllah ni aku ingat tak membazir. rupanya sama je membazir. PLKN, jet peribadi, scorpene submarine, sukhoi, space travel, WPI, corridors.. woohhooo... banyak bleh ingat tentang dia ni... i guess.. dia nak nama ler..
>>> kak rina:
insyaAllah.. kalo tak dapek pun nak wat guane. tak bestnya nak pisah dengan anak-anak ni... tq.
Oh sue...
aku tak leh hidup tanpa Automatic washing machine. Masa aku baru pindah DC ni aku beli jugak, 2 kali ansuran jugak aku membayornya!. Do yr self a favour, put Auto washing machine in your must-buy-list!
>>> intan:
aku tau.. azab sket pakai washing machine la ni. la ni ada yang murah tau.. ari tu aku tengok LG RM350. asyik delay impian je.. doakan aku dapat keje sok.. bleh la aku pasang angan!
Post a Comment